Research & Policy
2022, House Judiciary Committee Hearing for HB 1393 (Rep. Struzzi) Help Prevent Overdose Deaths: Invited to present testimony to legislators re: drug checking, fentanyl test strips decriminalization.
2016, House Resolution 590 Task Force Hearing: Access to Addiction Treatment: MAT for opioid use disorders. Presented on lack of access in jails and drug courts, October 2016
Policy Briefs & White Papers
2019 Policy Brief: Expanding the DEA Opioid Treatment Program “hospital waiver”: increasing access to buprenorphine and methadone in all residential facilities, from hospitals to jails and nursing homes
White Paper, 2020: X-ray Transmission Body Scanners in U.S. Correctional Facilities: Policy Analysis
White Paper, 2016: Forced withdrawal in jails for methadone and buprenorphine patients: Policy analysis and recommendations; Policy Brief, 2016: Ending Forced Withdrawal in Jails (MPH Capstone Project, unpublished)
Research Posters and Presentations
- Poster presented at American Public Health Association (APHA), Nov. 2022 Annual Conference, Boston, MA
- Oral Abstract Presentation: AMERSA (The Association for Multidisciplinary Education and Research in Substance use and Addiction) Nov. 2022 46th Annual Conference, Boston, MA
- Oral Abstract Presentation: PharmedOut 2021 International Virtual Conference: Cutting the Cord: Curtailing Commercial Influence on Healthcare. Conference program p.14, June, 15, 2021
- Poster presentation, Nov. 2019, Association for Medical Education & Research in Substance Abuse (AMERSA) National Conference, Boston, MA
- Oral Abstract Presentation: AMERSA (The Association for Multidisciplinary Education and Research in Substance use and Addiction) Nov. 2018 National Conference, San Francisco, CA.
- Poster presented at American Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence (AATOD) March 2018 Conference, New York City.
- Poster presentation (revised), Nov. 2017 Association for Medical Education & Research in Substance Abuse (AMERSA) National Conference, Washington, DC.
- Poster presentation, The Penn State Addictions Symposium, Hershey, PA, May 2016.
“Shattering the Stigma and Ending the Shame”, co-presenting with Brooke Feldman, MSW; AATOD (American Association for Treatment of Opioid Dependence) National Conference, Orlando, FL, Sept. 2019
“Therapeutic Use of Cannabis: Facts, Myths, & Policy Considerations, co-presenting with Christine Roussel, PharmD, BCOP; AATOD, National Conference, Orlando, FL, Sept. 2019
“Pharma Sales and the Evolution of Prescriber ‘Targeting,’” 2019 PharmedOUT Conference on Opioids: Conflicts & Controversies, June 2019
“Older People Don’t Do Drugs, Do They?” College of Physicians of Philadelphia, Senior Health Forum, April 2018
“Medical Cannabis: An Emerging Topic for CME & Science Writers”, American Medical Writer’s Association, Delaware Valley Chapter, April 2018, co-presenter: Cathleen O’Connor, RPh, PhD.
“Public Policy and Access to Recovery Housing for Persons on Medications for Opioid Use Disorder”, AATOD National Conference, New York, NY, March 2018
“The Opioid Crisis & Overdose Reversal Training, w/ Project Lazarus Lancaster County”, Millersville University, PA, February 2018
Presenter & Moderator for Panel: “Making the Connections: Medical Cannabis and Its Impact on Opioid Use,” University of the Sciences, Philadelphia PA, March 2018
Moderator: “Making Connections: Policymakers Address the Opioid Epidemic,” University of the Sciences, Philadelphia PA, March 2017
“Opioid Use Disorder: Evidence-Based Treatment & Overdose Prevention”: Case Manager Association of Central PA, Danville, PA, October 2016
“OUD Treatment Policies in Justice System Settings in PA”: RCPA Criminal Justice subcommittee, Sept. 2016.